Search

Friday, July 14, 2017

JTG's Final WWE Match




The following excerpt is from his book.


Although I didn't win the match, once I came back through those curtains, I felt like a winner. My peers gave me a standing ovation when I got backstage. Everyone in the talent viewing area got to their feet, clapped, told me how entertaining our match was, and how I made it all complete with the Cobra sell. Now, unless you've had your head buried under a rock, or you're just slow on your uptake, then you must know from reading the previous chapters of this book how hard it is to get even the slightest compliment- let alone a standing ovation- from the boys. This is especially true for guys like like Tyson Kidd. Tyson is a five-star performer, and a tough critic, when I saw him stand up, clapping, and walking towards me saying "Best sell ever, good s***, JTG, "I was proud of myself. I was floating on cloud nine. Until my agent found me. My agent informed me that while my match was very entertaining, a few of the other agents were pissed about how I sold The Cobra. I asked him what he thought. He told me, "I thought the sell was great! The boys popped big at the monitor, but they're not the ones you need to impress." That evening at RAW, I had a few agents say things to me like "What the hell was that?" and "What are you doing out there?" A couple of the agents just looked at me, shook their heads, and walked away. Confusing, Huh? To this day, I can't say that I understand it either. But then Vince came up to me, and I expected to get a much better reception. I thought 'Vince will love this'. 'Crass' was the word I got. He didn't like it at all. He told me 'We're going to have to go back and edit that out. Do you know how much time (this will take)? This was my first Superstars match in a while, my mom was in the audience, I'm freaking out already. I'm back through the curtain and I'm already in tears and an emotional mess. And I got yelled at.

That's kinda BS that a move sell would get you fired. =/ God forbid he try and spice up a silly move with a sock puppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment