Search

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Mcgregor WWE Drama

It all began with a conference call, with the details highlighted by NODQ.com.
During a conference call to promote UFC 202, Conor McGregor was asked if he’d ever consider doing a stint in the WWE.
“I haven’t really thought about it,” McGregor said … “For the most part, those WWE guys are pussies. They’re messed up pussies if you ask me.”
McGregor said there are some people he respects over there — including the McMahons, Triple H and The Rock. However, when asked about Brock Lesnar, he fired off even more shots.
“I mean fair play to Brock, he got in and fought [at UFC 200] … but at the end of the day he’s juiced up to the eyeballs … so how can I respect that?”
This caused a minor stir, but the final straw was on Twitter when McGregor made a tweet that is currently sitting at 45,000 retweets and 75,000 likes.
I didn't mean no disrespect to the @wwe fans. What I meant to say was that I'd slap the head off your entire roster. And twice on Sunday's.
So, to our delight, we got some banter! Plenty of WWE wrestlers and personalities chopped back at him. If you're like me, it's been a bit of a chore trying to keep up with all the tweets, so here's a compilation of everything I've found. If you know of one I don't include, please post it in the comments and I will add it!

The way Nate Diaz Stockton slapped you or nah?
@TheNotoriousMMA @WWE very funny little guy. Why don't you get your head out of Dana White's ass
I would pay good $$ to see @RealKurtAngle STRETCH THE PISS outta @TheNotoriousMMA and make him tap. #itstrue
Your the size of my leg. Shut up.
Roman: You're* sorry grammar geeks, Smh.
Kevin: @WWERomanReigns I forgive you.
Bring it
Coming from a guy who built a career copying my persona, I expected the type of class we get from Ronda or Anderson. (Photo)
Sorry pal no disrespect to u, but my fights are legit, unlike the fixed fights u have in @UFC. I’ll embarrass u.
Remember what I always say smart dudes know what is good for business. #classicheel. @TheNotoriousMMA
Would you prefer to find us individually or have us all line up at once? I know your time is valuable, sir.
So much talk for a guy who fights 15 min matches twice a year...... Good for you Conor McGaiver.
I think McGregor could do well in the featherweight division......if the WWE had one.
Also a bonus from AJ was some commentary on his nuts when told he's also small and uses roids.
4 kids, these balls aren't shrinking. When comes to AJ Styles, it's hard work that pays off.
I volunteer as tribute. Just need to drop 40lbs & find where every dude in Brooklyn gets their haircut/tats
Yikes, looks like @TheNotoriousMMA could really use a bowl of Booty O's right about now. Someone hook him up...
Never show a Jack Russell a mirror. It thinks it's a majestic Irish Wolfhound. Really, just an annoying wee yapper trying to sell tickets.
Later on Monday prior to his match with Cesaro, he had this to say:
Tonight I face @WWECesaro on #RAW... Win? Lose? I wont offer-up my throat & pussy out like another so-called Celtic Warrior. #TheMacLies
I'll stand aside.... Seeing as I've already beat you...... @TheNotoriousMMA (photo)
And that’s it! Also a little fun fact is that Dave Meltzer claims it isn`t a work.
It's not a work. I suppose Vince may try to turn it into a work like he did with Dwayne a few years ago. A lot of wrestlers are legit pissed. Conor is a guy who thinks he's really smart, and he is, who got exposed a few months ago and I don't mean as a fighter, but as a manipulator when he f'd up his own UFC 200 main event. He's doing this for attention to build up his fight, and thinking he can work it into his own wrestling angle. Time will tell if he was right long-term. Short-term, there was a WWE/UFC crossover thing, not that big, but it did exist, that Conor may have blown. Should know more in a few days.
Lots of fans don't exactly have the same opinion, though. It might not be a WWE work, but many agree Conor McGregor is working his marketing magic again at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment