Search

Monday, August 7, 2017

Are we allowed to criticize Nakamura yet?

  1. Boards
  2. Pro Wrestling: WWE
  3. Are we allowed to criticize Nakamura yet?
Because I have never found his funny faces and weird body gestures charismatic. He's a tryhard
Dynedux 5 days ago#3
OldSnakeLiveon8 posted...
Because I have never found his funny faces and weird body gestures charismatic. He's a tryhard

It worked for him in Japan, people ate it up

But it's not something American audiences can vibe with so it comes off weird as fuck. *shrug* cultural differences, am I right
Noctis 906atk - 813.793.244
~700 atk Roberta chain
Sada_Pop 5 days ago#4
Feel free to. Not like they can downvote you for saying anything critical about him. Not like it'd matter if they could either way.
People would have you believe that the accusation of racism is more offensive than ACTUAL racism.
C'mmmoooooonnnnn!!

*Hand gestures opponent to come at me.*
Not Changing this sig until Big E wins a world championship or is released. 3/1/2017
SmashBurb 5 days ago#6
Nope.

If you do, you're wrong because reasons (usually they'll say it's the writers' fault for everything) or people will say "THE BOARD'S TURNING ON NAK ALREADY?" in spite of 98% of the board worshiping him.
(edited 5 days ago)quote
El Marsh 5 days ago#7
Say what you want to.
If people don't like it, fuck them.
babyeatermax 5 days ago#8
Have to ask @Amazak
This guy
nativengine 5 days ago#9
Criticize away, he's no La Parka after all.
KyleKG 5 days ago#10
OldSnakeLiveon8 posted...
Because I have never found his funny faces and weird body gestures charismatic


That's not how it works
This is the water, and this is the well.
mrlowrider 5 days ago#11
You can do whatever you'd like
Ramses number one, he puts the people all on fire
https://imgur.com/a/S6BZ3
No you aren't, congress just made it illegal sorry
Amazak 5 days ago#13
I don't give a shit what you do. Just don't get on my case if I praise Nakamura.
I love him but it seemed to work better in NXT, I dunno the womens matches seemed better too.
I dunno if its the venue or smaller looking ring or even the cameras but I dunno something seems a little off.
Red Forman is my spirit animal.
Dynedux 5 days ago#15
NXT has less restrictions and better agents
Noctis 906atk - 813.793.244
~700 atk Roberta chain
Mizerous 5 days ago#16
UnicornWizard posted...
C'mmmoooooonnnnn!!

*Hand gestures opponent to come at me.*
Playing: Final Fantasy VIII/ Xenosaga Part 1
Our standard operating procedure is to do it only when he wins a world title.
Dynedux posted...
OldSnakeLiveon8 posted...
Because I have never found his funny faces and weird body gestures charismatic. He's a tryhard

It worked for him in Japan, people ate it up

But it's not something American audiences can vibe with so it comes off weird as fuck. *shrug* cultural differences, am I right

It's always in the hands of the performer and his booking. Rarely ever someone went into WWE and made it acting the same stigma he always did. It's a really good base to be able to connect to the crowd but it's not worth much if you can't evolve something the (simpler) WWE crowd eats up like DBry and the YES chants or Eminem Cena or the next level of Eddie's cheating techniques or beering Sandman and Stone Cold ;)
You can only win if you dare!
oohahahah 5 days ago#19
Dynedux posted...
But it's not something American audiences can vibe with



lol
Even if the internet tries to get you to believe you are only allowed to have opinions that the majority agree with you are indeed allowed to have your own opinion.
JlM 5 days ago#21
Gi ahead. I mean, it's not like he's Okada.
I guess I'm something of a ne'er do well.
Pittsburgh
Good Vibrations is seriously worse than than the Worm and Five Knuckle Shuffle combined. Wish he'd stop that stupid shit.
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
bigjclassic 5 days ago#23
I think you need to know what a "tryhard" looks like. We call them hipsters in america.
PSN/steam: classicviolence Switch FC: 441991068406 3DS: 087719974865
Gamefaqs: Home of mod-alts, shills, sock puppets, and mentally ill trolls
No
You choc-blocked me, bro
UltimAXE 5 days ago#25
I love Nakamura's character and, frankly, think that he isn't quite weird enough.

Wish that I was more entertained by his in-ring work. It's pretty boring, although he seems to be able to dial it up when he feels like it.
http://ultimaxe.deviantart.com/ - Get ready to ROCK!
"One question: Is it possible to take off my pants?" - Naked Snake
He's got Palsy, don't make fun of him. :(
Muflaggin 5 days ago#27
Nakamura? No. WWE's butchering of him? Yes.
Posted using GameFlux
BaronNugget 5 days ago#28
Muflaggin posted...
Nakamura? No. WWE's butchering of him? Yes.


Yup even tho he just beat Cena clean and he is now the number one contender. Good one.
MUFC- The Religion.
Miami Dolphins: The 1 in 31-1
Dikitain 5 days ago#29
BaronNugget posted...
Muflaggin posted...
Nakamura? No. WWE's butchering of him? Yes.


Yup even tho he just beat Cena clean and he is now the number one contender. Good one.

It's not like several others haven't beaten Cena clean nowadays. This isn't 2010. 

That said, I get your point. The way they are booking him is about as good as WWE would for someone who isn't Roman Reigns.
I am a senior software engineer. If you see me post here, I am tired of writing TPS reports.
MRW1215 5 days ago#30
Dynedux posted...
But it's not something American audiences can vibe with so it comes off weird as fuck. *shrug* cultural differences, am I right


Ugh. I always roll my eyes when people try to dismiss "internet darlings"/ guys from the indies. I remember the whole "Bryan is a small hippy vegan nerd, he's not good, and he's not over! Only the 'Yes' chant is over!", despite Bryan being pretty much unanimously cheered for and loved by every arena they went to.

Now it's "Nakamura is too weird and Japanese! He doesn't work well in America! He's not over, people just like to sing his dumb song!", despite Nakamura getting cheered on by every crowd he's been in front of since being on the main roster.

It's like, if you don't like any particular worker for whatever reason, fine. That's your prerogative. But it's always so dumb when certain people go "I don't like this worker, therefore, he's not working, pull the plug!" despite the fact that said worker is, indeed, working quite well with a vast majority of the audience.
https://www.youtube.com/RatedM477
New videos every weekday at 4PM ET!
chrpskwk 5 days ago#31
OldSnakeLiveon8 posted...
He's a tryhard

oh you're one of those
sami zayn is garbo
Muflaggin 4 days ago#32
BaronNugget posted...
Muflaggin posted...
Nakamura? No. WWE's butchering of him? Yes.


Yup even tho he just beat Cena clean and he is now the number one contender. Good one.

Oh wow. What a feat! A shot at the prestigious title held by Jinder Mahal. Truly an astonishing thing. Fuck outta here. Next.
LightSnake: "Sigh....I might've been wrong about a lot this time."
Terra-enforcer: "You were right. I was wrong. I'm a filthy welcher."
Nakamura is over as FUCK. And he's starting to get used to working the main event style. Back in NXT he could work whatever style he wanted and the crowd ate it up. It's different working on the main roster. Yet he seems to thrive off of hot crowds. So don't forget that. Plus they need to stop calling him a "rock star" and an "artist". Just go back to calling him the "King of Strong Style". The only other complaint I have is how his entrance was changed. When "Nakamura" came across the screen whilst in NXT it was the perfect moment with the music.
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-4fgojx.gif - #1 P4P
Nachos = $3, Nachos con queso = $5, Champion Dos Nachos = Priceless
^
I thought the "artist" nickname fit him quite well. "Rock star" is lame though.
Amazak posted...
I don't give a shit what you do. Just don't get on my case if I praise Nakamura.


I'm getting on your case. Legally.

I have it in writing even.

You ************.
Want to watch a fat redneck do stupid crap? I do it for free. http://www.youtube.com/user/AlexTheSoutherner
  1. Boards
  2. Pro Wrestling: WWE 
  3. Are we allowed to criticize Nakamura yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment